* New package: Org Pandoc Import
@ 2020-08-15 19:29 TEC
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: TEC @ 2020-08-15 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode-email

Hi Everyone,

I've just pushed the initial version of a package I think is pretty nifty (no
bias here ;) and thought it might me nice to mention it to the mailing list.

https://github.com/tecosaur/org-pandoc-import

This leverages Pandoc to reduce my interaction with other formats. Hopefully
it's of interest to a few of you :)

Enjoy!

Timothy.

* Re: New package: Org Pandoc Import
@ 2020-08-15 20:36 ` Diego Zamboni
From: Diego Zamboni @ 2020-08-15 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: TEC; +Cc: org-mode-email

This look very neat - I will definitely give it a try!

On Sat, Aug 15, 2020 at 9:30 PM TEC <tecosaur@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I've just pushed the initial version of a package I think is pretty nifty
> (no
> bias here ;) and thought it might me nice to mention it to the mailing
> list.
>
> https://github.com/tecosaur/org-pandoc-import
>
> This leverages Pandoc to reduce my interaction with other formats.
> Hopefully
> it's of interest to a few of you :)
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Timothy.

* Re: [SUSPECTED SPAM]New package: Org Pandoc Import
@ 2020-08-16 11:28 ` ian martins
From: ian martins @ 2020-08-16 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: TEC; +Cc: org-mode-email

I'll have to take a closer look, but at a glance I think I'll be using this
every day from now on. I interact with three wiki formats frequently at
work. I'd written a few helpers to convert tables back and forth but mostly
resort to writing in those markups or exporting to markdown and hand
converting. This will be a big help. Thanks!

@ 2020-08-16 14:15   ` TEC
From: TEC @ 2020-08-16 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ian martins; +Cc: org-mode-email

ian martins <ianxm@jhu.edu> writes:

> I'll have to take a closer look, but at a glance I think I'll be
> using this every day from now on. I interact with three wiki
> formats frequently at work. I'd written a few helpers to convert
> tables back and forth but mostly resort to writing in those
> markups or exporting to markdown and hand converting. This will
> be a big help. Thanks!

Fantastic to hear! If you become interested in improving the
conversion between formats, please PR improvements. The extension
currently has two entry points for import to org
 + pre-processing by calling an elisp function with the file of
 interest (see ./preprocessors) + lua filters (see ./filters)
Then export is just calling any old elisp function you like :)

All the best,

@ 2020-09-10 13:53 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2020-09-10 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: TEC; +Cc: org-mode-email

Hi Timothy,

TEC <tecosaur@gmail.com> writes:

> I've just pushed the initial version of a package I think is pretty nifty (no
> bias here ;) and thought it might me nice to mention it to the mailing list.
>
> https://github.com/tecosaur/org-pandoc-import

I've added a note to https://sr.ht/~brettgilio/org-webring/

Thanks for sharing!

--