Hello forum, I start noticing some time ago that saving org-mode buffers works unreliably in my setup. Most of the time I am using function `org-save-all-org-buffers' from core org. Unfortunately I don't have a good reproduction scenarios of this bug. In fact I don't have reproduction scenario at all. It just happens sometimes: I am sure I saved all org buffers I had, then restart emacs and then I see that some changes were not actually saved. Possibly there is something wrong in my customisations. But without a reproduction scenario, I don't see a way to prove it. However, after I made a tiny change to the function, I stopped seeing these problems at all. Here is the fix I have applied: ,---- | diff --git a/lisp/org.elf b/lisp/org.el | index df3f377f6..448dc4a88 100644 | --- a/lisp/org.el | +++ b/lisp/org.el | @@ -15229,7 +15229,9 @@ The value is a list, with zero or more of the symbols `effort', `appt', | "Save all Org buffers without user confirmation." | (interactive) | (message "Saving all Org buffers...") | - (save-some-buffers t (lambda () (derived-mode-p 'org-mode))) | + (save-some-buffers t (lambda () | + (and (derived-mode-p 'org-mode) | + (not (buffer-base-buffer))))) | (when (featurep 'org-id) (org-id-locations-save)) | (message "Saving all Org buffers... done")) `---- My theory was that `save-some-buffers' may work unreliably with indirect buffers, so I've excluded them from the saving. Again, I have tried to prove it by using indirect buffer and saving it instead of base buffer. But it worked without a problem. So even if my theory is correct, bug not reproducing every time. Nevertheless I am having this change already for two weeks and I don't have reproduction of this bug. Previously I've noticed loosing data every day or so. I don't suggest to apply this patch, but may be someone have\had the same problem or have a deeper insight how indirect buffers work and why my fix may be a working solution? Kind regards, Mikhail Skorzhinskii