* Release 9.5
@ 2021-09-29 21:25 Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2021-09-29 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

Org 9.5 is out, available from GNU ELPA.

Thanks a lot to every contributor.

See this page to join our efforts:
https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html

See the list of changes here:
https://orgmode.org/Changes.html

Enjoy!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Release 9.5
@ 2021-09-30  7:41 ` Pankaj Jangid
From: Pankaj Jangid @ 2021-09-30  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Org 9.5 is out, available from GNU ELPA.
>
> Thanks a lot to every contributor.

Thanks a lot for your work, Bastien. I want to thank all the
contributors.

One Q: what is the schedule for 9.5 to be included in Emacs-28?

Regards ~Pankaj

* Re: Release 9.5
@ 2021-09-30 15:49   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2021-09-30 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pankaj Jangid; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Pankaj,

Pankaj Jangid <pankaj@codeisgreat.org> writes:

> One Q: what is the schedule for 9.5 to be included in Emacs-28?

Org 9.5 have been merged in the Emacs master branch, from which the
Emacs release branch for 28.1 will be cut anytime soon.

Then we will work on 9.5.1 for important bugfixes and merge 9.5.1
in the Emacs release branch.

I don't know when Emacs 28.1 will be released.

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Release 9.5
@ 2021-09-30 16:31 autofrettage
From: autofrettage @ 2021-09-30 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

> Org 9.5 is out, available from GNU ELPA.

I bow to the ground in utter and humble gratitude!

> Enjoy!

I will, that is as certain as taxes and death!

Cheers
Rasmus

* Re: Release 9.5
@ 2021-10-01  3:53 ` Jarmo Hurri
From: Jarmo Hurri @ 2021-10-01  3:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Org 9.5 is out, available from GNU ELPA.

Exciting!

I just ran 'git pull' and got a warning and an error:

warning: redirecting to https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/emacs/org-mode.git/
Your configuration specifies to merge with the ref 'refs/heads/maint'
from the remote, but no such ref was fetched.

Do I need to start a new clone from scratch, or is there a fix for this?

(I honestly have _no recollection_ of what changes I have made, and what
changes need to be made, to the cloned repository locally in order for
'make' to run successfully.)

Have fun and stay safe.

Jarmo

* Re: Release 9.5
@ 2021-10-01 13:42     ` Pankaj Jangid
From: Pankaj Jangid @ 2021-10-01 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Pankaj Jangid <pankaj@codeisgreat.org> writes:
>
>> One Q: what is the schedule for 9.5 to be included in Emacs-28?
>
> Org 9.5 have been merged in the Emacs master branch, from which the
> Emacs release branch for 28.1 will be cut anytime soon.
>
> Then we will work on 9.5.1 for important bugfixes and merge 9.5.1
> in the Emacs release branch.
>
> I don't know when Emacs 28.1 will be released.

Thanks a lot for your work, Bastien. I am already using it from
master. Time to explore manual now. :-)

Regards

* Re: Release 9.5
@ 2021-10-02  5:00   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2021-10-02  5:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jarmo Hurri; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Jarmo,

Jarmo Hurri <jarmo.hurri@iki.fi> writes:

> warning: redirecting to https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/emacs/org-mode.git/
> Your configuration specifies to merge with the ref 'refs/heads/maint'
> from the remote, but no such ref was fetched.
>
> Do I need to start a new clone from scratch, or is there a fix for this?

Perhaps ~$ git fetch --prune so that your local branches are sync'ed
with the (new) remote ones?

But starting from a fresh clone would do too, of course.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Release 9.5
@ 2021-10-02  7:28   ` Max Nikulin
From: Max Nikulin @ 2021-10-02  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 01/10/2021 10:53, Jarmo Hurri wrote:
> Bastien writes:
>
> I just ran 'git pull' and got a warning and an error:
>
> warning: redirecting to https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/emacs/org-mode.git/
> Your configuration specifies to merge with the ref 'refs/heads/maint'
> from the remote, but no such ref was fetched.

Maybe you are trying to pull while you are on master branch from old
orgmode.org repository. You should either remove or rename old remote

     git remote rm origin

or

     git remote rename origin orgmode_org

and

     git remote add origin
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/emacs/org-mode.git
     git fetch origin
     git checkout main  # or bugfix

Even if you already added new repository earlier then maybe you are
still on the master branch from old repository. Run "git fetch" with
proper remote name and

     git checkout main
     git pull

(not "maint" that is "bugfix" now) should help. The commands that should
help to determine current state of your repository

     git remote -v show
     git status -sb

> Do I need to start a new clone from scratch, or is there a fix for this?

Git may works with several remotes, so it is not necessary.

> (I honestly have _no recollection_ of what changes I have made, and what
> changes need to be made, to the cloned repository locally in order for
> 'make' to run successfully.)

If you have a personal local branch, checkout it and rebase to "main" or
"bugfix". If it is (or was) tracking remote changes, it may require
adjustment.

* Re: Release 9.5
@ 2021-10-02 23:54     ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2021-10-02 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> On 01/10/2021 10:53, Jarmo Hurri wrote:
>> Bastien writes:
>>
>> I just ran 'git pull' and got a warning and an error:
>>
>> warning: redirecting to
>> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/emacs/org-mode.git/
>> Your configuration specifies to merge with the ref
>> 'refs/heads/maint'
>> from the remote, but no such ref was fetched.
>
> Maybe you are trying to pull while you are on master branch from
> old orgmode.org
> repository. You should either remove or rename old remote
>
>     git remote rm origin

I found these instructions (including the ones in the rest of the
message) very helpful.  Thanks!

All the best,
Tom
--