* org-element-cache-reset
@ 2021-10-23 14:27 Colin Baxter 😺
From: Colin Baxter 😺 @ 2021-10-23 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Assuming such a question make sense, how do I manually reset org-persist
for all org buffers? It's not clear to me if doing M-x
org-element-cache-reset <RET> is sufficient.

Thanks.

Best wishes,

* Re: org-element-cache-reset
@ 2021-10-23 14:39 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2021-10-23 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Colin Baxter 😺; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Colin Baxter 😺 <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Assuming such a question make sense, how do I manually reset org-persist
> for all org buffers? It's not clear to me if doing M-x
> org-element-cache-reset <RET> is sufficient.

You can reset cache in all open Org buffers via
M-: (org-element-cache-reset 'all) <RET>

The new cache will overwrite the old cache for the open buffers after
you close Emacs (or close all the Org buffers).

If you want to remove the cache completely, just delete the cache folder
before running Emacs.

If you think that more options should be provided, let me know.

Best,
Ihor

* Re: org-element-cache-reset
@ 2021-10-25  8:07   ` Colin Baxter 😺
From: Colin Baxter 😺 @ 2021-10-25  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

    > Colin Baxter 😺 <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Assuming such a question make sense, how do I manually reset
    >> org-persist for all org buffers? It's not clear to me if doing
    >> M-x org-element-cache-reset <RET> is sufficient.

    > You can reset cache in all open Org buffers via M-:
    > (org-element-cache-reset 'all) <RET>

    > The new cache will overwrite the old cache for the open buffers
    > after you close Emacs (or close all the Org buffers).

    > If you want to remove the cache completely, just delete the cache
    > folder before running Emacs.

    > If you think that more options should be provided, let me know.

Thank you for the information.

Best Wishes,

Colin.

An org-persist convert :-)