* Re: Avoid "Scheme implementation" prompt on export
@ 2024-10-15 14:30 Roi Martin
From: Roi Martin @ 2024-10-15 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruno Barbier, emacs-orgmode

Bruno Barbier <brubar.cs@gmail.com> writes:

> I've installed chez and racket.  Indeed, the argument :session
> if half-ignored.
>
> I've attached a quick ugly hack; with that change, it is now working
> for me.
>
>     #+begin_src scheme :scheme racket
>       (banner)
>     #+end_src
>
>     #+RESULTS:
>     : Welcome to Racket v8.14 [cs].\n
>
>     (setq-default geiser-chez-binary "chezscheme")
>     #+begin_src scheme :scheme chez
>       (scheme-version)
>     #+end_src
>
>     #+RESULTS:
>     : Chez Scheme Version 10.0.0
>
> Could you try it?

I tried the current main branch (commit da0f6eff75cd ("ox-texinfo: Fix
edge case with - Variable: nil:: definition") with and without the
patch.  Unless I'm doing something wrong, exporting the document to HTML
with "C-c C-e h H" asks for the Scheme implementation for every code
block.  Please, note that the htmlize package must be installed.

Also, note that executing the code block with "C-c C-c" never asked for
the Scheme implementation when the ":scheme" argument is specified.

Cheers,
Roi

* Avoid "Scheme implementation" prompt on export
@ 2024-10-14 10:17 Roi Martin
From: Roi Martin @ 2024-10-14 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I have an org document with the following structure:

---
Racket code block:

#+begin_src scheme
  #lang racket
  (+ 1 2)
#+end_src

Chez Scheme code block:

#+begin_src scheme
  (+ 3 4)
#+end_src
---

It includes several code blocks with different scheme implementations
(e.g. Racket and Chez).

When I export the document to HTML, both from the Org Export Dispatcher
(C-c C-e) or calling (org-publish-all), I'm asked to choose a "Scheme
implementation" for every code block.

If I understand correctly, I can set a default Scheme implementation
with the `geiser-scheme-implementation' variable.  However, I would like
to specify an implementation per block without having to answer the
prompt every time.

Is it possible?

Just in case, it is useful, I'm using the following package versions:

- GNU Emacs 29.4
- org 9.6.15
- geiser 20240907.2235
- geiser-chez 20230707.1334