* [ANN] Lists changes pushed to master
@ 2011-02-18 22:43 Nicolas
From: Nicolas @ 2011-02-18 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello Org users,

Since a few hours, lists changes are in master branch. Here is a sum up
of the new functionalities:

* What's new

  1. Indentation of text determines again end of items in lists. So,
     some text less indented than the previous item doesn't close the
     whole list anymore, only all items more indented than it.

  2. Alphabetical bullets are implemented, through the use of the
     variable `org-alphabetical-lists'. This also adds alphabetical
     counters like [@c] or [@W].

  3. Lists can now safely contain drawers, inline tasks, or various
     blocks, themselves containing lists. Two variables are controlling
     this: `org-list-forbidden-blocks', and `org-list-export-context'.

  4. Improve `newline-and-indent' (C-j): used in an item, it will keep
     text from moving at column 0. This allows to split text and make
     paragraphs and still not break the list.

  5. Improve `org-toggle-item' (C-c -): used on a region with standard
     text, it will change the region into one item. With a prefix
     argument, it will fallback to the previous behavior and make every
     line in region an item. It permits to easily integrate paragraphs
     inside a list.

  6. `fill-paragraph' (M-q) now understands lists. It can freely be used
     inside items, or on text just after a list, even with no blank line
     around, without breaking everything.

* Incompatible changes

  Lists inside blocks are not seen by outside elements. As a corollary,
  check-boxes in such lists cannot be counted by cookies outside the
  block.

Nicolas

* Re: [bug] [ANN] Lists changes pushed to master
@ 2011-02-23 13:48 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-02-23 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Org users,
>
> Since a few hours, lists changes are in master branch. Here is a sum up
> of the new functionalities:

[...]

I am not sure if the error I am experiencing is due to this but I have
the following problem.  With this org file:

# -*- coding: utf-8; -*-
#+TITLE:     examplebug.org
#+AUTHOR:    Eric S Fraga
#+EMAIL:     e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk
#+latex_header: \usepackage{tikz}

* heading
*** subheading
***** subsubheading
******* students
      	- [2011-02-23 Wed] today
      	- [2011-02-22 Tue] yesterday
******* another

if I position the cursor at the end of "yesterday" and hit M-RET (to get
a new list entry), I get a total mess:

# -*- coding: utf-8; -*-
#+TITLE:     examplebug.org
#+AUTHOR:    Eric S Fraga
#+EMAIL:     e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk
#+latex_header: \usepackage{tikz}

* heading
*** subheading
***** subsubheading
******* students
      	- [2011-02-23 Wed] today
- [2011-02-22 Tue] yesterday
******* another
      		-

I have not changed any org customisations in a while...

The error only happens if I have a list 4 levels deep, from what I can
see.  I have odd levels only set, by the way.  I cannot understand why
the depth should matter, mind you.

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.4 (release_7.4.526.g4bbe)

* Re: [bug] [ANN] Lists changes pushed to master
@ 2011-02-23 20:23   ` Nicolas
From: Nicolas @ 2011-02-23 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> I have not changed any org customisations in a while...
>
> The error only happens if I have a list 4 levels deep, from what I can
> see.  I have odd levels only set, by the way.  I cannot understand why
> the depth should matter, mind you.

I cannot reproduce this for now. May I have a look at your full
configuration ?

@ 2011-02-27 11:40   ` Nicolas
From: Nicolas @ 2011-02-27 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

This bug has been fixed in master branch, but I forgot to tell it to the
ML.

Thanks again, Eric.

Nicolas