Gary Oberbrunner writes: > I don't know if this is beyond the capabilities of org-mode or not. I'd > like to have a block of text repeated multiple times with slight > variations. For the sake of the example, a numbered list: > > 1. this is the first line > 1. this is the second line with %VARIANT% as the value > 1. this is the third line > > When exported, say as ASCII, I'd like this: > > 1. this is the first line > 2. this is the second line with foo as the value > 3. this is the third line > > 1. this is the first line > 2. this is the second line with bar as the value > 3. this is the third line > > 1. this is the first line > 2. this is the second line with baz as the value > 3. this is the third line > > I'm not sure how to go about this; I assume I'd use org-babel with source > blocks that contain org-mode text or elisp or something. > The following Org-mode file.