* Full org-mode on unrooted Android
@ 2013-10-08 10:36 Scot Becker
From: Scot Becker @ 2013-10-08 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode ml

Just a quick note to say that it's possible to get a full Emacs+org-mode on
(unrooted) Android using an app called 'zshaolin'.  You can either download
the app from the Google Play store for approx $3 or download the toolchain
and source from their website and compile it yourself (which I haven't
tried).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dyne.zshaolin&hl=en

http://www.dyne.org/software/zshaolin/
(for source, follow links to their FTP site, about 2/3 down the page)

Emacs is version 24.1.50.

The following needs to be added to the .zshrc for org-mode to work:

export TMPDIR=${HOME}/tmp

They only claim 'barebone' Emacs, and I haven't tested extensively to see
what that means, but so far it works for me.

I have no affiliation with the people at dyne.org, just happy to have
working portable, org-mode. I use a Bluetooth keyboard with a 7" tablet on
Android 4.3.

It looks like compiling in this case may not be for the faint of heart, but
if someone tries it, perhaps they can post any notes to the list here.

Cheers,
Scot

* Full org-mode on unrooted Android
@ 2013-10-15 21:51 Jaromil