* Asymptote figure in footnote
@ 2020-01-21 16:14 Jarmo Hurri
From: Jarmo Hurri @ 2020-01-21 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Greetings.

This has to be a borderline case, but I need some Asympote-generated
figures in footnotes. The following does not seem to work.

[fn:: src_asy[:filename foo.pdf]{size(8cm,0); draw (unitcircle);}]

Any ideas?

Jarmo

* Re: Asymptote figure in footnote
@ 2020-01-21 16:20 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2020-01-21 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jarmo Hurri; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Jarmo Hurri <jarmo.hurri@iki.fi> writes:

> This has to be a borderline case, but I need some Asympote-generated
> figures in footnotes. The following does not seem to work.
>
> [fn:: src_asy[:filename foo.pdf]{size(8cm,0); draw (unitcircle);}]

The following works here:

  [fn:: src_asymptote[:file foo.pdf]{size(8cm,0); draw (unitcircle);}]

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Asymptote figure in footnote
@ 2020-01-21 16:43   ` Jarmo Hurri
From: Jarmo Hurri @ 2020-01-21 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>> This has to be a borderline case, but I need some Asympote-generated
>> figures in footnotes. The following does not seem to work.
>>
>> [fn:: src_asy[:filename foo.pdf]{size(8cm,0); draw (unitcircle);}]
>
> The following works here:
>
>   [fn:: src_asymptote[:file foo.pdf]{size(8cm,0); draw (unitcircle);}]

Thank you and sorry.

That was pathetic, but it has been a long day. And continues.

Do you have an idea of how to control the size of the pic in the
footnote? The default is .9\linewidth. I figured a workaround (below),
but would prefer the structure above.

The workaround is to produce the asy image with a regular src block,
exporting nothing, and then using inline latex in footnote as follows:

[fn:: @@latex:\includegraphics[width.3\linewidth]{sine-curve-a.pdf}@@]

And, once again, I am amazed by Org's capabilities! :D

@ 2020-01-21 21:29     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2020-01-21 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jarmo Hurri; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Jarmo Hurri <jarmo.hurri@iki.fi> writes:

> Do you have an idea of how to control the size of the pic in the
> footnote? The default is .9\linewidth. I figured a workaround (below),
> but would prefer the structure above.

I don't know how to do that in an inline footnote, but, in this case,
I would certainly use a regular footnote containing an Asymptote source
block.

Nicolas Goaziou