Hi, I'm working with tokenized texts in org-mode tables including single characters such as double quotes. When trying to read a cell with an (unpaired) double quote at the beginning, the cell cannot be read ("End of file during parsing"). I've looked a bit into this (see attached file). At first, I thought it's a mere documentation issue: Double quotes probably have a special meaning. The documentation of org-bable-read (ob-core.el) does not mention a double quote as special character: > "Convert the string value of CELL to a number if appropriate. > Otherwise if CELL looks like lisp (meaning it starts with a > \"(\", \"\\='\", \"\\=`\" or a \"[\") then read and evaluate it as > lisp, otherwise return it unmodified as a string. Optional > argument INHIBIT-LISP-EVAL inhibits lisp evaluation for > situations in which is it not appropriate." This is how cells with double quotes at the beginning are read: > ((eq (string-to-char cell) ?\") (read cell)) I don't know why double quotes are handled as special characters and I did not find any documentation on it. This issue also exists when caching results from code blocks: If a result starts with an (unpaired) double quote and it is cached, it cannot be read anymore. Best, Christine