* LoB elsipgantt sample input table
@ 2022-06-17  3:34 Tim Cross
From: Tim Cross @ 2022-06-17  3:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi All,

I'm currently trying to cleanup some of the blocks and examples in the
library-of-babel.org file on worg.

One of the more interesting code blocks is elispgantt, which can
generate a Gantt chart from data supplied in a table. It is based on
code originally submitted by Eric Fraga and modified by Tom Dye. .

The big limitation with this code sample is that there is no description
of the format of the input table, nor is there any example. I think this
greatly limits the usefulness of the code block.

Could someone who uses this block (or has used it) who knows what the
format of the input table should be either provide a sample table or a
description of the format so that I can add it to the file? This would
be much easier than me having to try and reverse engineer things.

(I did look in the list archives, but was not able to find anything
which helped).

thanks,

Tim

* Re: LoB elsipgantt sample input table
@ 2022-06-17  7:59 ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2022-06-17  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim Cross; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Friday, 17 Jun 2022 at 13:34, Tim Cross wrote:
> One of the more interesting code blocks is elispgantt, which can
> generate a Gantt chart from data supplied in a table. It is based on
> code originally submitted by Eric Fraga and modified by Tom Dye. .

If you give me the link, I will try to write some description that you
could add?

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.5.4-535-ged6f8d in Emacs 29.0.50

* Re: LoB elsipgantt sample input table
@ 2022-06-17  8:27   ` Tim Cross
From: Tim Cross @ 2022-06-17  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fraga, Eric; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

"Fraga, Eric" <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> On Friday, 17 Jun 2022 at 13:34, Tim Cross wrote:
>> One of the more interesting code blocks is elispgantt, which can
>> generate a Gantt chart from data supplied in a table. It is based on
>> code originally submitted by Eric Fraga and modified by Tom Dye. .
>
> If you give me the link, I will try to write some description that you
> could add?

thanks Eric, that would be great.

The link is
https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/worg/tree/master/item/library-of-babel.org and
the section starts at line 484 (near the end of the file).

The elispgantt block is looking for a table called gantttest, which
doesn't exist. If you can provide a description of the table format I
will add one or if you have one, just send it through and I'll add it.

* Re: LoB elsipgantt sample input table
@ 2022-06-17 19:08     ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2022-06-17 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim Cross; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dear Tim,

On Friday, 17 Jun 2022 at 18:27, Tim Cross wrote:
> "Fraga, Eric" <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:
>> On Friday, 17 Jun 2022 at 13:34, Tim Cross wrote:
>>> One of the more interesting code blocks is elispgantt, which can
>>> generate a Gantt chart from data supplied in a table. It is based on
>>> code originally submitted by Eric Fraga and modified by Tom Dye. .

attached is an org file with a simple example table along with a brief description.  Would this be enough to include within the LoB document?  If so, are you able to add it as I don't have access at present.

thank you,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.5.4-564-g811dea in Emacs 29.0.50

[-- Attachment #2: GANTT.org --]
[-- Type: application/vnd.lotus-organizer, Size: 2293 bytes --]

* Re: LoB elsipgantt sample input table
@ 2022-06-17 23:26       ` Tim Cross
From: Tim Cross @ 2022-06-17 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fraga, Eric; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

"Fraga, Eric" <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> Dear Tim,
>
> On Friday, 17 Jun 2022 at 18:27, Tim Cross wrote:
>
> attached is an org file with a simple example table along with a brief
> description. Would this be enough to include within the LoB document? If so, are
> you able to add it as I don't have access at present.

Thanks Eric. Exactly what I was hoping for. I will add it to my sr.ht
fork and send through a patch to get it added to worg (I still need to
get my own worg access sorted, just need to send the email).

* Re: LoB elsipgantt sample input table
@ 2022-06-18  9:05     ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2022-06-18  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim Cross; +Cc: emacs-orgmode