Jeremias Gonzalez writes: >> Do I understand correctly that you attempted to run org-bibtex-read from >> a non-bibtex buffer? >> > > At a top level, I was using org-bibtex-yank with an org buffer (and in my > ideal case with no bibtex buffers whatsoever) as the documentation for that > function only requires bibtex to be in the kill ring. However, yes, > org-bibtex-yank calls org-bibtex-read, and I was doing so (in the ideal > case) with a non-bibtex buffer. Does the attached patch fix the problem?