* Structure templates moving point
@ 2024-06-05  4:13 Psionic K
From: Psionic K @ 2024-06-05  4:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

As of 9.7.2

Using `org-insert-structure-template' to add comment blocks to a
document where I previously added comment blocks is moving the point
to unrelated comments, and definitely not to the body of the block
that was just inserted.

The display buffer behavior is at least no longer creating frames I
didn't want, but shouldn't it be a pop-up buffer?

Likely to workaround by adding more snippets and disabling the command.

* Re: Structure templates moving point
@ 2024-06-05 13:16 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-06-05 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Psionic K; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Psionic K <psionik@positron.solutions> writes:

> As of 9.7.2
>
> Using `org-insert-structure-template' to add comment blocks to a
> document where I previously added comment blocks is moving the point
> to unrelated comments, and definitely not to the body of the block
> that was just inserted.

I am unable to reproduce. May you please provide more detailed instructions?

> The display buffer behavior is at least no longer creating frames I
> didn't want, but shouldn't it be a pop-up buffer?

May you please elaborate? It does not seem to be relevant to structure
templates.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: Structure templates moving point
@ 2024-06-06 10:14   ` Psionic K
From: Psionic K @ 2024-06-06 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Psionic K, emacs-orgmode

I made some changes to my buffer display settings.  When the structure
template choice interface does not fall back to creating a frame, it
does not exhibit the errant point behavior.

In any case, after creating the comment block, the point should
probably move inside the block like it does for source blocks.

* Re: Structure templates moving point
@ 2024-06-06 10:20     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-06-06 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Psionic K; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Psionic K <psionik@positron.solutions> writes:

> I made some changes to my buffer display settings.  When the structure
> template choice interface does not fall back to creating a frame, it
> does not exhibit the errant point behavior.
>
> In any case, after creating the comment block, the point should
> probably move inside the block like it does for source blocks.

Ok, but I cannot help without being able to reproduce the problem on my
side. Please provide detailed instructions how to reproduce the problem
starting from minimal Emacs config, as described on
https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback and
https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: Structure templates moving point
@ 2024-06-06 11:02       ` Psionic K
From: Psionic K @ 2024-06-06 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Psionic K, emacs-orgmode

Sorry, I didn't intend to keep digging.  I would need to debug the buffer
display behavior to find out why frames were being created to make a
reproduction.

The fallbacks I removed from `display-buffer-fallback-actions' were the
ones that create frames.

--

남백호
대표 겸 공동 창업자

* Re: Structure templates moving point
@ 2024-06-06 11:06         ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-06-06 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Psionic K; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Psionic K <psionik@positron.solutions> writes:

> Sorry, I didn't intend to keep digging.  I would need to debug the buffer
> display behavior to find out why frames were being created to make a
> reproduction.

Ok.
Feel free to submit a more detailed bug report if you find a time to
create a reproducer. For now, there is nothing useful I can do on Org
side.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,