* Not overwriting unchanged source code files when tangling
@ 2011-11-18 13:17 Holger Hoefling
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Holger Hoefling @ 2011-11-18 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have a problem/request for org-mode and was looking for help. I am using
org-mode to write source code files and tangle them out. I want to compile
them using make. My problem now is that org-mode overwrites the old files
every time I tangle them out, therefore also updating the time stamp - even
if nothing has changed. Subsequently, when I run make, everything gets
recompiled, not just the changed source code files as all time stamps have
changed.

Is there an option for org-mode to only overwrite source code files that
get tangled out if they have truly changed?

Thank you very much for your help!

Holger

* Re: Not overwriting unchanged source code files when tangling
@ 2011-11-19 15:31 Rustom Mody
From: Rustom Mody @ 2011-11-19 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode