* Export of property key:value
@ 2013-07-16  6:21 Edward DeMeulle
From: Edward DeMeulle @ 2013-07-16  6:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've been trying to get a handle on this the past couple of days since I
wanted to use column mode for revising properties and then export
(print) the subtree out showing those properties under the heading. I
understand that the exporter changed and now doesn't export the
properties drawer in total (and I think I understand why). It appears,
though, that I have to duplicate the syntax "key: {{{property(key)}}}
for every subheading. It would seem to me that the simplest solution, at
least from the users perspective, would be to have a way to specify
certain property keys to be exported for a particular subtree but I
haven't found that option yet.

This is my simple example. Is there a simpler way to export the amount
property without duplicating "amount: {{{property(amount)}}}" in every
subheading?

* Buy stuff
:PROPERTIES:
:COLUMNS: %25ITEM %TODO %15amount(Amount){$}
:END:
** DONE Buy something
   :PROPERTIES:
   :amount: 1234.56
   :END:
amount: {{{property(amount)}}}

** TODO Buy something else
   :PROPERTIES:
   :ID:       db34ed38-7658-48b4-9770-9a572efcdb11
   :amount: 5445.43
   :END:

* Re: Export of property key:value
@ 2013-07-16  6:45 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-07-16  6:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edward DeMeulle; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Edward DeMeulle <ed@demeulle.org> writes:

> This is my simple example. Is there a simpler way to export the amount
> property without duplicating "amount: {{{property(amount)}}}" in every
> subheading?

> * Buy stuff
> :PROPERTIES:
> :COLUMNS: %25ITEM %TODO %15amount(Amount){$}
> :END:
> ** DONE Buy something
>    :PROPERTIES:
>    :amount: 1234.56
>    :END:
> amount: {{{property(amount)}}}
>
> ** TODO Buy something else
>    :PROPERTIES:
>    :ID:       db34ed38-7658-48b4-9770-9a572efcdb11
>    :amount: 5445.43
>    :END:

You can use a hook (e.g., `org-export-before-processing-hook) to insert
"amount : {{{property(amount)}}}" (or with `org-entry-get', you don't
need the macro in that case) after each property drawer with an amount
property.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Export of property key:value
@ 2013-07-27 23:44   ` Edward DeMeulle
From: Edward DeMeulle @ 2013-07-27 23:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thanks for the info. I took it up as a challenge to finally learn a
little elisp. This is what I have so far, which appears to work as long
as I expand the entire subtree to be exported. I'd appreciate any
criticism since I really don't know if I'm handling things the best
possible way.

(defun ewd/export-properties (backend)
  "Export all property names listed in EXPORT_PROPERTIES in the format:
   - <name>: <value> after each heading of specified level
   NOTE: 1st value in EXPORT_PROPERTIES is heading level"
  (if (org-entry-get (point) "EXPORT_PROPERTIES")
      (let* (
	     (export_properties (split-string
				 (org-entry-get (point) "EXPORT_PROPERTIES") " "))
	     (export-level (string-to-number (car export_properties)))
	     (export-list (cdr export_properties))
	     )
	(org-map-entries
	 (lambda ()
	   (next-line)
	   (open-line 1)
	   (dolist (prop export-list)
	     (if (= export-level (car (org-heading-components)))
		 (progn (insert "- " prop ": "
				(if (org-entry-get (point) prop)
				    (org-entry-get (point) prop) "N/A"))
			(newline)))))))))

(add-hook 'org-export-before-processing-hook 'ewd/export-properties)

* Re: Export of property key:value
@ 2013-07-30  3:11   ` Edward DeMeulle
From: Edward DeMeulle @ 2013-07-30  3:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

> You can use a hook (e.g., `org-export-before-processing-hook) to insert
> "amount : {{{property(amount)}}}" (or with `org-entry-get', you don't
> need the macro in that case) after each property drawer with an amount
> property.

(apologies if this is a double-post, the first didn't seem to have been sent)
Thanks for the info. I took it up as a challenge to finally learn a
little elisp. This is what I have so far, which appears to work as long
as I expand the entire subtree to be exported. I'd appreciate any
criticism since I really don't know if I'm handling things the best
possible way.

(defun ewd/export-properties (backend)
  "Export all properties whose names listed in EXPORT_PROPERTIES in the format: