* Bug dragging lines in tag-restricted agenda
@ 2013-10-20 10:24 Thomas Morgan
From: Thomas Morgan @ 2013-10-20 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello, Org mode hackers.

I'm using Org-mode version 8.2 (`release_8.2-157-g1e018e' @
`/src/org-mode/lisp/') and GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (`x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu',
X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2013-09-21.

I started Emacs with `emacs -Q -l setup.el' (file attached).  This
opened a day agenda view.

,----
| Day-agenda (W42):
| Friday     18 October 2013
|   test-case:  Scheduled:  TODO Pick up package from post office        :errands:
|   test-case:  Scheduled:  TODO Clean stovetop
|   test-case:  Scheduled:  TODO Buy water at store                      :errands:
`----

I typed `/ TAB errands RET' to restrict it to items with the tag
`errands'.  The restricted view looked like this:

,----
| Day-agenda (W42):
| Friday     18 October 2013
|   test-case:  Scheduled:  TODO Pick up package from post office        :errands:
|   test-case:  Scheduled:  TODO Buy water at store                      :errands:
`----

I moved point to the line containing "Pick up package" and typed
`M-<down>' to drag the line forward.  Since there was a hidden line,
"Clean stovetop", between the other two, I expected no visible change,
or even better, that "Pick up package" would move below "Buy water",
like this:

,----
| Day-agenda (W42):
| Friday     18 October 2013
|   test-case:  Scheduled:  TODO Buy water at store                      :errands:
|   test-case:  Scheduled:  TODO Pick up package from post office        :errands:
`----

Instead, "Clean stovetop" was made visible and "Pick up package" was
moved below it:

,----
| Day-agenda (W42):
| Friday     18 October 2013
|   test-case:  Scheduled:  TODO Clean stovetop
|   test-case:  Scheduled:  TODO Pick up package from post office        :errands:
|   test-case:  Scheduled:  TODO Buy water at store                      :errands:
`----

I believe it is a bug for `M-<down>' to make an item visible that
doesn't match the tag in a tag-narrowed view, and I think the most
useful thing to do is to move the line beyond the next visible item.

Thanks,
Thomas

[-- Attachment #2: setup.el --]

[-- Attachment #3: test-case.org --]
[-- Type: text/x-org, Size: 322 bytes --]

#+TITLE: Bug dragging lines in tag-restricted agenda

* TODO Pick up package from post office                             :errands:
  SCHEDULED: <2013-10-18 Fri>
* TODO Clean stovetop
  SCHEDULED: <2013-10-18 Fri>
* TODO Buy water at store                                           :errands:
  SCHEDULED: <2013-10-18 Fri>

* Re: Bug dragging lines in tag-restricted agenda
@ 2013-11-04 22:37 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-11-04 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Morgan; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Morgan <tlm@ziiuu.com> writes:

> I believe it is a bug for `M-<down>' to make an item visible that
> doesn't match the tag in a tag-narrowed view, and I think the most
> useful thing to do is to move the line beyond the next visible item.

I pushed a fix for bugs in this area in the maint branch, please
test it and report if there are still problems.

Thanks for the clear bug report!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Bug dragging lines in tag-restricted agenda
@ 2013-11-12 10:27   ` Thomas Morgan
From: Thomas Morgan @ 2013-11-12 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi, Bastien,

Thanks for giving this your attention.

I'm afraid I'm still seeing the same behavior described
in the bug report.

Best,
Thomas

* Re: Bug dragging lines in tag-restricted agenda
@ 2013-11-12 15:59     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-11-12 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Morgan; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Morgan <tlm@ziiuu.com> writes:

> I'm afraid I'm still seeing the same behavior described
> in the bug report.

You're right, there are still annoying bugs after filtering.
I'll have a look when I have more time at hand.

Best,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Bug dragging lines in tag-restricted agenda
@ 2014-01-12 23:29       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-01-12 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Morgan; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Thomas,

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

>> I'm afraid I'm still seeing the same behavior described
>> in the bug report.
>
> You're right, there are still annoying bugs after filtering.
> I'll have a look when I have more time at hand.

This should now be fixed in maint, please test heavily
and report any issue.

 Bastien

* Re: Bug dragging lines in tag-restricted agenda
@ 2014-01-29 23:14         ` Thomas Morgan
From: Thomas Morgan @ 2014-01-29 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi, Bastien,

This is working in 8.2.5c, thanks!

There are a few related bugs (going to a running clock associated
with a line that has been dragged in the agenda, for example) that
I'll send in reports for later.

Thanks,
Thomas

@ 2014-01-30  0:01           ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-01-30  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Morgan; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Morgan <tlm@ziiuu.com> writes:

> There are a few related bugs (going to a running clock associated
> with a line that has been dragged in the agenda, for example) that
> I'll send in reports for later.

Please do -- as agenda lines are transported with all their text
properties, it seems strange that associated data gets corrupted
so please let us know.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Bug dragging lines in tag-restricted agenda
@ 2014-01-30 11:02     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-01-30 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Morgan; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Thomas,

I just fixed one issue regarding the clock not being highlighted.

Let me know if you find other bugs.

 Bastien