Matt Huszagh writes: > I've created a patch to allow adjusting the scale factor used for inline > latex image fragments. This involves a customizable variable that can > either be set to a scale factor (defaults to 1.0) or a function that > evaluates to a scale factor. > > This feature is in addition to the existing scale factor adjustment > capability provided by `org-preview-latex-process-alist' through > `:image-size-adjust'. Wherease image-size-adjust performs scaling at the > time of image generation, the new change performs it during > display. This can lead to significant time saving and suffers no loss of > quality for vector graphics. > > As an example of use, I have several functions for changing frame > scaling. I've added > > (if (eq major-mode 'org-mode) > (progn > (org-clear-latex-preview) > ;; 16 corresponds to the C-u C-u arg prefix. > (org-latex-preview 16))) > > to these functions so that changing the frame scaling also > correspondingly changes the latex preview/fragment scaling to match the > new size of the surrounding text. Because of this new feature, this > change is effectively instantaneous for reasonably numbers of > overlays. Obviously, something similar could be done for > `text-scale-adjust' (e.g., through `advice-add'). > > Feedback appreciated. Apologies, the patch I sent is slightly wrong. The line numbers also reflect an earlier patch I made. Here is a corrected version.