"Felix Freeman" writes: > Today I stumbed upon the same bug. > > Sadly I have no idea how to fix it, but thought it would be nice to post > about it here so the bug doesn't get lost in the sands of time. I finally managed to get some working fix. At least it kind of works on my system using bash. The idea is changing shell prompt to something unique when we initialize the session. See the attached patch. Please test this on "sh" "zsh" "fish" "csh" "ash" "dash" "ksh" "mksh" and "posh". Especially on fish, csh, and posh (which I believe refers to PowerShell). Also, doing PS1="blabla > " in bash may not always work. At least it does not work with https://github.com/nojhan/liquidprompt So, more reliable ways to change prompt are welcome. Best, Ihor