Ihor Radchenko writes: > It happens to be that :options nil is treated specially by Org > export. "nil" is not read literally, but is instead interpreted as > removing the option value - when one needs to combine multiple > attributes and override previous setting. I see. I didn't know about "combining attributes", but I guess that makes sense. > In theory, we may fix this edge case just for ox-texinfo. But is it > worth it? I am not sure if it's worth fixing, specially since I don't know any possible alternatives apart from using another keyword for specifying this "attribute combination" (again, not sure how that works). Either way, modifying existing behavior doesn't sound too good to me, specially considering the amount of "nil" variables :) > Do you _really_ have variable name "nil"? Yes, I was not looking for this error, I didn't even know why it happened before you told me. I am using Org to write the manual for my Lisp interpreter, and I am exporting it to Texinfo. I wanted to explain how `nil' works, and when it's used.