Hi Carsten Carsten Dominik writes: > Properties give much more consistent results. The :CATEGORY: property > applies to the entry headline above it, and to the entire tree below > it (unless locally overwritten by another property). Hm. Definitely not working. I made it quite secure taking your file below and erased every configuration except the pure (require 'org-install). > Everything works fine if I change your example to: > > * Teaching > :PROPERTIES: > :CATEGORY: Teaching > :END: > ** Sanskrit I (WS08) :PROJECT: > :PROPERTIES: > :CATEGORY: Sanscrit I > :END: > *** NEXT Look for Introductions :LIBRARY: > *** NEXT Borrow the chosen books :LIBRARY: > *** NEXT Ask students for convenient date :EMAIL: Showing special TODO word NEXT works fine. But making a TAGS query for PROJECT ends up like this: C-cam RET PROJECT RET ,---- | Sanscrit I: Sanskrit I :PROJECT: `---- Instead of the wanted: ,---- | Teaching: Sanskrit I :PROJECT: `---- Is there a misunderstanding or really a strange phenomenon on my computers? Thanks for your help Sven