From: Bastien <bzg@altern.org>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: using org for meeting agendas and minutes?
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 04:23:07 +0000	[thread overview]

Adam Spiers <orgmode@adamspiers.org> writes:

>> >Is there any way to have heading-less subtopics in org, where multiple
>> >lines in the source document are treated as part of one paragraph, can
>> >be re-filled to a given line wrap, and formatted accordingly during
>> >export?
>>
>> Plain lists sort-of do this.
>
> That was the first thing I tried, but see above comment about the
> resulting restriction on TODO items.

Which brings back an old idea I had: letting special entries with a
syntax like:

***: an entry here

Those entries would be "inlined": not foldable but TODO/tag-able
headlines.

I guess this would breaks the whole logic of the structure behind
org-mode files (not to speak of regexps), so it might not be worth
thinking deeper about this, unless it triggers possible workarounds.

As for taking meeting notes, I've done quite well with the current
limitations you are mentionning.  I use list most of the times and
I restricts headlines to what might really need a TODO or a tag.

One thing that would perhaps make life easier is a simple way to
convert list items to headlines in a region.

- one
- two

would become

* one
* two

or

*** one
*** two

if the hierarchy above requires it.

`C-c *' outside tables could do it.  Or this could be added to `C-c -'

--
Bastien