Hi all, This patch fixes the issue I originally described here: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/32281 It preserves math-mode delimiters (e.g. "$" and "\(") in the document title when exporting to LaTeX. (That is, it prevents them from being escaped, by running the title through org-export-preprocess-string, which marks them with the org-protected property.) It should work regardless of whether the title is pulled from a headline, from the text before the first headline, or from an explicit #+TITLE declaration. (This is my first time contributing a patch to a Free Software project -- so please, let me know what you think!) Best, Richard