* Re: [DEV] Org-Startup.el concept
@ 2011-07-27 22:59 Matthew Sauer
From: Matthew Sauer @ 2011-07-27 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bastien and the group,

I am thinking that to successfully pull this off I am going to have to
do two separate files for what I am wanting to do.  One that will be
called in .emacs through load that will load the custom agenda view.

So, my question is, I have my custom agenda command in a .el file that
I call from .emacs like this :
----start code-----start code-------
(load "Org-Startup-Agenda-Views")
----end code ------ end code ------

I should be able to in the Org-Startup-Agenda-Views.el  have a command
that appends/cons/adds to the custom agenda views so that the agenda
views I want are available (at first going to be one but I think this
will expand to more than one) to be called for the startup view that
gets called after this.

I am thinking this will go at the end of a .emacs file and then call
the function to open the selected view (variables already set for it
in configuration (remember this is for beginners who use the GUI to
make it easy to customize out of the box)) for the startup with the
agenda in it.

Also, what will happen if I run the command to append the custom
agenda views and none have been defined?

Matthew

@ 2011-07-28  9:30 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-07-28  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Matthew,

Matthew Sauer <improv.philosophy@gmail.com> writes:

> Also, what will happen if I run the command to append the custom
> agenda views and none have been defined?

I think you will see by yourself :)

Let us know when you have some code ready that we can check,
and good luck for writing it!

Best,

--
 Bastien