* [ANN] TaskJuggler ported to new export framework
@ 2013-02-17 23:38 Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-02-17 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List; +Cc: Christian Egli

Hello,

I eventually ported TaskJuggler back-end to new export framework.

Variables have gone through the usual renaming :

  org-export-taskjuggler-*  ->  org-taskjuggler-*

The other change is about `org-taskjuggler-final-hook', which should be
run with the name of the file produced as argument.

Christian: I didn't test it much. Please tell me if you notice anything.
Also, I should have fixed one TODO (about multiple dependency
definitions).

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [ANN] TaskJuggler ported to new export framework
@ 2013-02-22  8:12 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-02-22  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Christian Egli, Org Mode List

Hi Nicolas,

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

> I eventually ported TaskJuggler back-end to new export framework.

great, thanks a lot for this.

Christian, as the TaskJuggler expert out there, and if you have
some free time in the next few weeks, please let us know if it
works correctly (for TJ2 and TJ3).

If the Worg page about TaskJuggler needs some update, please feel
free to go ahead or ask some help on the list.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: [ANN] TaskJuggler ported to new export framework
@ 2013-03-04 12:59   ` Christian Egli
From: Christian Egli @ 2013-03-04 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Christian, as the TaskJuggler expert out there, and if you have
> some free time in the next few weeks, please let us know if it
> works correctly (for TJ2 and TJ3).

Sorry, was down with the flu last week. I'll look at it this week.

> If the Worg page about TaskJuggler needs some update, please feel
> free to go ahead or ask some help on the list.

It does. I'll see what I can do.

Thanks

Christian

--
Christian Egli

* Re: [ANN] TaskJuggler ported to new export framework
@ 2013-03-04 13:58     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-03-04 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Egli; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Christian Egli <christian.egli@sbs.ch> writes:

> Hi all
>
> Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:
>
>> Christian, as the TaskJuggler expert out there, and if you have
>> some free time in the next few weeks, please let us know if it
>> works correctly (for TJ2 and TJ3).
>
> Sorry, was down with the flu last week. I'll look at it this week.
>
>> If the Worg page about TaskJuggler needs some update, please feel
>> free to go ahead or ask some help on the list.
>
> It does. I'll see what I can do.

Does it? Even though the internals have been rewritten, it shouldn't
change anything to syntax.

Did I miss something?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [ANN] TaskJuggler ported to new export framework
@ 2013-03-04 14:22       ` Christian Egli
                           ` (2 more replies)
From: Christian Egli @ 2013-03-04 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

>>> If the Worg page about TaskJuggler needs some update, please feel
>>> free to go ahead or ask some help on the list.
>>
>> It does. I'll see what I can do.
>
> Does it? Even though the internals have been rewritten, it shouldn't
> change anything to syntax.
>
> Did I miss something?

Sorry, this is completely orthogonal to the new exporter. These are
changes that should have been on the worg page before. E.g. For a while
the exporter supported tj3. This fact was never properly publizized and
the worg page still shows screen shots with tj2.

Thanks
Christian

--
Christian Egli

-----
Die neue Online-Bibliothek der SBS: Mit wenigen Klicks zum Buch unter http://online.sbs.ch

* Re: [ANN] TaskJuggler ported to new export framework
@ 2013-03-04 18:59         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-03-04 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Egli; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Nicolas Goaziou

Hi Christian,

Christian Egli <christian.egli@sbs.ch> writes:

> E.g. For a while
> the exporter supported tj3. This fact was never properly publizized and
> the worg page still shows screen shots with tj2.

Thanks in advance for the update -- it is to be noted that this
tutorial has been translated into Serbo-Croatian, so if the update
is only about screenshots we're fine, otherwise let me know so that
I can ping the author of the translation.

  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-taskjuggler-scr.html

Thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: [ANN] TaskJuggler ported to new export framework
@ 2013-03-04 22:06         ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2013-03-04 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Egli; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Nicolas Goaziou

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 8:22 AM, Christian Egli <christian.egli@sbs.ch> wrote:

>>> It does. I'll see what I can do.
>>
>> Does it? Even though the internals have been rewritten, it shouldn't
>> change anything to syntax.
>>
>> Did I miss something?
>
> Sorry, this is completely orthogonal to the new exporter. These are
> changes that should have been on the worg page before. E.g. For a while
> the exporter supported tj3. This fact was never properly publizized and
> the worg page still shows screen shots with tj2.

Agreed -- there are some threads I may have started or at least
contributed to about using with tj3. I've still been using it (in
fact, just today without even seeing this) and can voice some issues I
had. I had to change some variables to work properly, and even if the
syntax would work with tj3, the default report never has.

You need a report definition that's tj3 compatible saved to
reports.tji and then set Org to use "include reports.tji" for the
report definition.
- This thread has some helpful stuff:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/51814

I volunteer to help update Worg, if desired. I've been using emacs to
just write the .tjp directly, but wanted to switch to using the actual
Orgmode format for easier rearranging. I can go through that process
and document stuff along the way and send it to the list if that would
be helpful, or just push it to Worg. From monitoring tj a bit over the
past year or two, I'd suggest just using v3.0 as that's what all the
development is going toward. Or is there still compelling reason to
keep v2.4?

John

@ 2013-03-14  2:36           ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-03-14  2:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Hendy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Christian Egli, Nicolas Goaziou

Hi John,

John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> writes:

> I volunteer to help update Worg, if desired. I've been using emacs to
> just write the .tjp directly, but wanted to switch to using the actual
> Orgmode format for easier rearranging. I can go through that process
> and document stuff along the way and send it to the list if that would
> be helpful, or just push it to Worg. From monitoring tj a bit over the
> past year or two, I'd suggest just using v3.0 as that's what all the
> development is going toward. Or is there still compelling reason to
> keep v2.4?

Updating the Worg tutorial about the new Taskjuggler exporter would
be great, indeed.  Thanks in advance!

--
 Bastien

* Re: [ANN] TaskJuggler ported to new export framework
@ 2013-03-25 23:30         ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2013-03-25 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Egli; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Nicolas Goaziou

>>> It does. I'll see what I can do.
>>
>> Does it? Even though the internals have been rewritten, it shouldn't
>> change anything to syntax.
>>
>> Did I miss something?
>
> Sorry, this is completely orthogonal to the new exporter. These are
> changes that should have been on the worg page before. E.g. For a while
> the exporter supported tj3. This fact was never properly publizized and
> the worg page still shows screen shots with tj2.

For those following this thread, I've started a new page dedicated to
tj3 export. I'll be updating it as I work through creating my first
more major project management org file for a project I'm working on.
Just wanted to announce and link to it for those who might stumble on
this thread in future searches:
- http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-taskjuggler3.html

Best regards,
John