Hi Bastien, > Nick Daly wrote: > >> Hi folks, I have a situation where I have many named code snippets >> currently available in external files, and would like to tangle them >> into an Org mode file. Bastien writes: > I'm not the one who would undertake this, so my opinion on this should > not matter much... but I think #+INCLUDE is well suited for exporting, > not for tangling. I'm not able to say why, this is just an intuition. It seems to me like it's trying to unify exporting and tangling: this emphasizes that tangling is just another (very specific plain-text) form of exporting. Using Eric's function for exporting allows me to remove lots of boilerplate code from the source org file and keep the org source better focused on the code's function and structure. Sure it's weird, but it sure is handy. Nick