The org mode manual says "The project property list is scoped into this call as the variable project-plist". But, ox-publish.el has lexical binding enabled, and the variable project-plist doesn't seem to be accessible from the executed preparation-function. When I try to access the variable, I get a (void-variable project-plist) error. Please find attached a minimal elisp file to reproduce the bug. emacs -Q -l preparation-function-dynamic-scoping.el My understanding of dynamic and lexical binding is a little foggy. So, do let me know if I'm missing something. Regards, Arun Isaac.