Hi Juan, I’ve been going that route for a few years now, and I setup an autotools pipeline with all the little tweaks and hacks I needed to make everything work well together. I’m using LaTeX (pdflatex), scribus, calibre and imagemagick to publish a roleplaying book with charactersheet, Maybe some of it can help you. The entrypoints are the Makefile, the setup, and the configure.ac (for the hacks): https://hg.sr.ht/~arnebab/ews/browse/Hauptdokument/ews30/Makefile.am https://hg.sr.ht/~arnebab/ews/browse/Hauptdokument/ews30/basesetup.tex https://hg.sr.ht/~arnebab/ews/browse/Hauptdokument/ews30/ews30setup.tex https://hg.sr.ht/~arnebab/ews/browse/Hauptdokument/ews30/ews30setup.el https://hg.sr.ht/~arnebab/ews/browse/Hauptdokument/ews30/configure.ac The main document is https://hg.sr.ht/~arnebab/ews/browse/Hauptdokument/ews30/ews.org I also have some derived documents that use the included tables as data. Most complex example: https://hg.sr.ht/~arnebab/ews/browse/Hauptdokument/ews30/chargen.org.in Best wishes, Arne > Hi, > > I would like to share here two samples of one of the most intense uses > that I give Org Mode: for typesetting, layout and editorial design. In > other words, I use Org (and Org-Publish) where publishers today use DTP > proprietary software like InDesign or QuarkXpress (a type of software, > on the other hand, that was never intended to compose books but rather > magazines, posters, brochures and so on). The samples are from a book > on classical philology, recently published here in Spain, and from a > fairly extensive dictionary, still work in progress: > > https://imgur.com/gallery/yxAVkrY > > Naturally, what acts in the background here is TeX and LaTeX > (specifically Lua(La)TeX), so what I really do is use Org and > Org-Publish as a sort of high-level interface for LaTeX. But I don't > mean to avoid LaTeX: in fact, I've been working with LaTeX for a long > time. I like LaTeX and behind these jobs there is a lot of LaTeX code. > But Org gives me a much more light and productive workflow, allowing me > to work at two levels. > > The main advantages that I see for this workflow with Org/Org-Publish > are: > > 1. Lightness: LaTeX is too verbose. > 2. Control of the composition process at various points. One of the > qualities of LuaTeX is the possibility to control TeX primitives > through scripts in Lua, and to act at various points in the pre- or > post-process. But I have realized that with the happy fusion of Elisp > and Org we can be much more precise and "surgical" ;-). Here, > Org/LaTeX is much more powerful than LuaLaTeX. > 3. Org's synaptic and org-anizational ability to control and manage the > entire process of the creation of a book, from when the originals are > received until everything is prepared to send to the printer. > 4. An unique origin. The book can be produced on paper from a single > source, but you can also export, from that source consistently, to > other formats (HTML or Epub). > > Best regards, > > Juan Manuel -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein ohne es zu merken