From: Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Bug: Priority Of A Task In Emacs 27.2 Cannot Be Removed With Space Key ("SPC to remove")
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 00:40:24 +1000	[thread overview]

Confirmed.

Yes, I would agree that not being able to clear the priority by entering
space when using numeric priorities is a bug. The minibuffer prompt even
states you can enter a space character to clear the priority.

To reproduce -

set the org variables

(setq org-priority-highest 1
      org-priority-lowest 10
      org-priority-default 5)

Use C-c , to set a priority on a TODO item.
Use C-c , and enter a space <enter>

Observe the priority cookie is not removed.

This only occurs with numeric priority values. The default letter based
priority values and space to clear functionality work as expected.

Org version: 9.4.6
Emacs version 27.2

--
Tim Cross