Bastien writes: > This triggers a compiler warning about `visual-fill-column-width’ not > being declared. > > This variable comes from > > > Why relying on this package? Any chance to avoid this dependency? > > If not, can you please add the needed declaration? Here I’m not relying on the package, but trying to make it so that this will still function as intended if the package is used, as it can modify the area used for text in a buffer (hence the bound-and-true-p). I think this is worth having, but obviously byte-compile errors aren’t nice. Would adding a declare-function statement be the best thing to do here? All the best, Timothy