Bastien writes: > That said, do you have any idea how to fix the bug people encounter > when installing Org from ELPA and being bitten by "invalid-function > org-assert-version"? Even though we identified that the problem is related to a combination of old Emacs version and OS-specific Emacs customization (https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=59882), no further progress is there on fixing the issue. Considering the mixed installation problem was less frequent compared to this new one, I suggest the attached workaround - simply not calling `org-assert-version' in Emacs <29, where built-in Org does not provide this macro. It should at least resolve the immediate pain for many people at the cost of possible mixed installation problems. Unless there are immediate concerns about the patch, I am going to install it soon onto bugfix.