Carsten Dominik wrote: >On May 16, 2010, at 11:14 AM, David Maus wrote: >> Carsten Dominik wrote: >>>> >>>> - `org-id-new' uses uuidgen if present and falls back to the elisp >>>> function otherwise >> >>> I like that. WOuld you like to modify your patch accordingly? >> >> Yes, I'll do that. Just for the records: using the elisp function as >> fall back for the external program changes the meaning of the >> org-id-method uuidgen: It makes Org use UUIDs for the ID property and >> the external program is the preferred method for doing this. Hence >> the symbol should better be 'uuid, not 'uuidgen. So if there is a >> list for backward incompatible changes for a further release (maybe >> 7.x) that are reasonable but not important this should go there. >Yes. >But what I would like to to ask is this: >Make the change and tell people to use `uuid' as the setting. But if >a user has set it to uuidgen, be gentle and accept that setting as >well, treat it like uuid. Ah, yes, now I've got it. Patch will be there, soon. HTH -- David -- OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6 Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org Email..... dmaus@ictsoc.de