Sebastian Rose wrote: >Julien Fantin writes: >> I've been struggling this morning trying to get org-protocol setup on my >> linux box (via http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-protocol.php) >> >> I can't get a web-browser to register org-protcol with emacsclient, as I'm >> not using a desktop environment (plain startx and openbox), I'm pretty sure >> this is an xdg config issue. >> However, despite reading through the specs I couldn't fathom the proper >> settings. >> >> In chromium, the external application comes up, and calls xdg-open >> org-protocol://subprotocol/... which ends up firing a new chromium frame >> >> In firefox, I've tried setting network.protocol-handler.app.org-protocol to >> an empty string or my emacsclient path, anyhow I get the following error >> message : >> "Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol >> (org-protocol) isn't associated with any program" without showing any >> external application selection dialog. >Hi Julien, >see >http://kb.mozillazine.org/Register_protocol#All_Firefox_versions_.28requires_certain_Gnome_libraries_to_be_installed.29 Or, of course "Firefox 3.5 specific (works without installed Gnome libraries)". Worked fine for me (dwm), just one thing that is IIRC not mentioned on Worg: You have to click on protocol link to set path to emacsclient. E.g. cat >> /tmp/test.html