Hi, On 8 Apr 2011 at 13:01Z, Matt Lundin wrote: >> When I put my cursor in the properties drawer within the essay text >> and hit C-c C-e 1 d I get my 'essay' exported and processed to >> hume-essay-causation.pdf correctly, but if I instead use C-c C-e SPC >> with point at various different places within the essay, I just get >> the error 'No enclosing node with LaTeX_CLASS or EXPORT_FILE_NAME', >> yet afaics they are there. > Yes, there are a few issues here. > I can replicate this bug when the cursor is above the LATEX_CLASS > property. For instance, if the cursor is located on the :PROPERTIES: > line, C-c C-e SPC results in an error. If it is on the :END: line, it > finds the relevant headline Interesting. I get the problem from anywhere in the subtree - it doesn't seem to be able to find the latex_class nor the export_title/export_file_name. > The problem is that C-c C-e space calls a simple backwards regexp > search for the two properties. But the regexp search looks for > export_title instead of export_file_name (lines 998-1000): > (if (re-search-backward "^[ > \t]+\\(:latex_class:\\|:export_title:\\)[ \t]+\\S-" nil t) > In addition, the regexp search is not bounded, so if you have another > headline higher up in the file with one of the properties in the > search, such as... > * Kant Essay >> PROPERTIES: >> LATEX_CLASS: spwessay >> END: > ** Some text > ...hitting space will export that essay instead. Okay, so it looks like this isn't a feature that's really usable right now. Maybe I'll write a patch to fix it at some point; for now I can just use C-c C-u C-c C-e 1. Thanks for the feedback. S -- Sean Whitton / OpenPGP KeyID: 0x3B6D411B http://sean.whitton.me/