* entering a date through C-c ! or C-c . in "edit" mode of column view does not work
@ 2011-07-16 11:05 Jean Wallemacq
From: Jean Wallemacq @ 2011-07-16 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

I get the message: "C-c ! is undefined"

Actually, I need to record a date for each item, and I would like to
enter the date using the column mode.  Any idea on how to do it?

Jean Wallemacq
jean.wallemacq@skynet.be

* Re: entering a date through C-c ! or C-c . in "edit" mode of column view does not work
@ 2011-07-18 15:15 ` Giovanni Ridolfi
From: Giovanni Ridolfi @ 2011-07-18 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean Wallemacq; +Cc: Org-mode

Jean Wallemacq <jean.wallemacq@skynet.be> writes:

Hi, Jean,
> I get the message: "C-c ! is undefined"
>
> Actually, I need to record a date for each item, and I would like to
> enter the date using the column mode.  Any idea on how to do it?

would you please
1. specify Org-version and Emacs version
2. send us a file as a minimal example of the file you're working on and
   a description of what you're trying to achieve.

cheers,
Giovanni

Perhaps you should have a property :Date: [2011-06-14 mar] then you
could modify its value with "e" in column view

* Re: entering a date through C-c ! or C-c . in "edit" mode of column view does not work
@ 2011-07-26 12:33 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-07-26 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean Wallemacq; +Cc: Org-mode

Hi Jean,

Jean Wallemacq <jean.wallemacq@skynet.be> writes:

> I get the message: "C-c ! is undefined"

With a column like this one:

  #+COLUMNS:    %30ITEM %TODO %PRIORITY %9SCHEDULED

you can do `C-c C-x C-c' to enter column mode and type `e'
in the scheduled column to enter a date through the calendar.

This `e' command does not work for columns TIMESTAMP and
TIMESTAMP_IA because the (inactive) timestamps don't have
a definite place to be put on -- they can be anywhere in
the headline or in the subtree.

I suggest you use a SCHEDULED or a DEADLINE column, depending
on your need.

HTH,

--
 Bastien