* Inline source does not evaluate when inserted insie a minipage environment
@ 2017-09-22 19:56 Charles Millar
From: Charles Millar @ 2017-09-22 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi,

This problem may not be limited to just \begin{minipage}, etc., but to
other latex commands which may precede text which contains inline source
code

The following inline code evaluates as expected to 1

This is some text.
Some more test with an inline  src_sh[:results raw]{echo 1}
a bit more

However, when I C-c C-c the same code when inside a minipage, I get the
message " 'C-c C-c' can do nothing useful here"
\begin{minipage}[t]{4.0in} This is some text.
Some more test with an inline  src_sh[:results raw]{echo 1}
a bit more
\end{minipage}

Org mode version 9.1.1 (release_9.1.1-62-g6e7d15.dirty @
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/lisp/)
GNU Emacs 25.1.50.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5) of
2016-07-21

I admit that I did only a cursory search in the list, so if the issue
has been addressed before this, please point me in right direction.

Charlie Millar

* Re: Inline source does not evaluate when inserted insie a minipage environment
@ 2017-09-22 21:22 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-09-22 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Millar; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

Charles Millar <millarc@verizon.net> writes:

> This problem may not be limited to just \begin{minipage}, etc., but to
> other latex commands which may precede text which contains inline
> source code
>
> The following inline code evaluates as expected to 1
>
> This is some text.
> Some more test with an inline  src_sh[:results raw]{echo 1}
> a bit more
>
> However, when I C-c C-c the same code when inside a minipage, I get
> the message " 'C-c C-c' can do nothing useful here"
> \begin{minipage}[t]{4.0in} This is some text.
> Some more test with an inline  src_sh[:results raw]{echo 1}
> a bit more
> \end{minipage}

This is not a bug.

  \begin{minipage}
  \end{minipage}

defines a LaTeX environment, i.e., pure LaTeX code, and Org doesn't look
into this. This is like $...$ or \(...\), but as block element.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Inline source does not evaluate when inserted insie a minipage environment
@ 2017-09-23  0:44   ` Charles Millar
From: Charles Millar @ 2017-09-23  0:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On 09/22/17 17:22, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Charles Millar <millarc@verizon.net> writes:
>
>> This problem may not be limited to just \begin{minipage}, etc., but to
>> other latex commands which may precede text which contains inline
>> source code
>>
>> The following inline code evaluates as expected to 1
>>
>> This is some text.
>> Some more test with an inline  src_sh[:results raw]{echo 1}
>> a bit more
>>
>> However, when I C-c C-c the same code when inside a minipage, I get
>> the message " 'C-c C-c' can do nothing useful here"
>> \begin{minipage}[t]{4.0in} This is some text.
>> Some more test with an inline  src_sh[:results raw]{echo 1}
>> a bit more
>> \end{minipage}
> This is not a bug.
>
>    \begin{minipage}
>    \end{minipage}
>
> defines a LaTeX environment, i.e., pure LaTeX code, and Org doesn't look
> into this. This is like $...$ or \(...\), but as block element.
Thank you.

* Re: Inline source does not evaluate when inserted insie a minipage environment
@ 2017-09-23 14:02 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2017-09-23 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Millar; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Friday, 22 Sep 2017 at 15:56, Charles Millar wrote:

[...]

> However, when I C-c C-c the same code when inside a minipage, I get
> the message " 'C-c C-c' can do nothing useful here"
> \begin{minipage}[t]{4.0in} This is some text.
> Some more test with an inline  src_sh[:results raw]{echo 1}
> a bit more
> \end{minipage}

I solve this aspect, and more generally allow the use of org formatting
directives within the text by doing:

#+latex: \begin{minipage}[t]{4.0in}
This is some text. Some more test with an inline src_sh[:results raw]{echo 1}
a bit more
#+latex: \end{minipage}

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 26.0.50, Org release_9.0.9-573-g09e612

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Inline source does not evaluate when inserted insie a minipage environment
@ 2017-09-24 20:59   ` Charles Millar
From: Charles Millar @ 2017-09-24 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On 09/23/2017 10:02, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> On Friday, 22 Sep 2017 at 15:56, Charles Millar wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> However, when I C-c C-c the same code when inside a minipage, I get
>> the message " 'C-c C-c' can do nothing useful here"
>> \begin{minipage}[t]{4.0in} This is some text.
>> Some more test with an inline  src_sh[:results raw]{echo 1}
>> a bit more
>> \end{minipage}
> I solve this aspect, and more generally allow the use of org formatting
> directives within the text by doing:
>
> #+latex: \begin{minipage}[t]{4.0in}
> This is some text. Some more test with an inline src_sh[:results raw]{echo 1}
> a bit more
> #+latex: \end{minipage}

Thank you.

* Re: Inline source does not evaluate when inserted insie a minipage environment
@ 2017-09-25  7:32     ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2017-09-25  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Millar; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Sunday, 24 Sep 2017 at 16:59, Charles Millar wrote:
> Thank you.

You're welcome.

You might also want to consider using special blocks which could be a
more general solution:

#+attr_latex: :options [t]{4.0in}
#+begin_minipage
This is some text.
Some more test with an inline src_sh[:results raw]{echo 1} a bit more
#+end_minipage

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 26.0.50, Org release_9.1-64-g657302

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Inline source does not evaluate when inserted insie a minipage environment
@ 2017-09-26 23:19       ` Charles Millar
From: Charles Millar @ 2017-09-26 23:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On 09/25/17 03:32, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> On Sunday, 24 Sep 2017 at 16:59, Charles Millar wrote:
>

> You might also want to consider using special blocks which could be a
> more general solution:
>
> #+attr_latex: :options [t]{4.0in}
> #+begin_minipage
> This is some text.
> Some more test with an inline src_sh[:results raw]{echo 1} a bit more
> #+end_minipage

Thanks again, I am using this suggestion.

Charlie Millar