* [bug] Display issue with broken links
@ 2020-06-05 10:01 Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2020-06-05 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

I've found an issue that leads to broken Org mode syntax without
noticing. Considering the following example:

: foo [[https://Karl-Voit.at][bar]] baz

When I put my cursor right after "foo" and press the DEL key, my Org
mode shows this:

: foo bar baz

... as if the link was removed properly, keeping only the
description text.

However, in reality, the remaining thing is different:

: foo [https://Karl-Voit.at][bar]] baz

This snippet is displayed properly at least after reloading the file
or switching to text-mode and back to org-mode.

I've made a screencast to demo this:
https://karl-voit.at/temp/2020-06-05T11.28.16_Org_mode_display_issue_with_broken_link_--_emacs_screencasts.gif

This happens with Emacs 26.1 as well as 26.3 with Org mode from
maint git (9.3.6).

Fun fact: I initially thought, this is a hidden feature which I
started to use happily ;-)
Considering
https://www.reddit.com/r/orgmode/comments/gwa2i4/i_want_to_remove_the_link_and_preserve_the_text/
I would love to see something like
org-remove-link-and-keep-description-text built-in.

--
get mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML into Org-mode:
Personal Information Management > http://Karl-Voit.at/tags/pim/
Emacs-related > http://Karl-Voit.at/tags/emacs/