Juan Manuel MacĂ­as writes: >> Although I am still a bit hesitant to remove >> `org-latex-line-break-safe'. >> What would be the benefit of removing it? For now, I mostly just see >> that it will make the life harder for users in Scenario B. > > It's a complicated situation, because we now have two solutions to the > same problem... It certainly sounds a bit abrupt to remove > org-latex-line-break-safe (at least for now). I see no problem in both > solutions coexisting. After all, the user can always give an "\\\\" > value to org-latex-line-break-safe. The other possibility is that > org-latex-line-break-safe is selectively deleted, as you mentioned in a > previous email. In tables and verse blocks, unless I'm missing > something, I think adding [0pt] would be unnecessary, with the new > solution. Upon looking closer into selective removal, it turned out to be more tricky than I thought. I'm afraid that using \\[0pt] only in some places may become a bit of headache to maintain - we may accidentally break certain regexp replacements in `org-latex-verse-block'. In particular, when verse contents is not straightforward and uses \\[0pt]. Given that `org-latex-line-break-safe' also introduced the problem with verse blocks, I decided that it is better to remove it at the end. See the attached tentative patchset.