Visuwesh writes: >> Something is off with encoding. > > I cannot reproduce it on my end. I tried with different documents and > document types (Excel and LO format). Would it be possible to send the > faulty file? Here is the recipe 1. make repro (I tried with the latest Emacs master and with Emacs 29) 2. Open test.odt (attached) 3. M-x org-mode 4. Copy the non-empty cell area 5. M-x yank-media app 6. Observe encoding problems >>> + (insert data) >>> + ;; LibreOffice source code defines >>> + ;; 'application/x-libreoffice-tsvc' as Text TSV-Calc so it should >>> + ;; be safe to handle this as TSV always. >>> + (org-table-convert-region beg (point) '(16)))) >> >> What if the point is in the middle of something else? >> For example, in the middle of another table. >> Then, conversion may yield wild outcomes. >> Maybe it is safer to convert region in a temporary buffer and >> insert the final result into the Org document being edited. > > Even if we do the processing in a temporary buffer, we would still end > up inserting the table after point. I say we leave it to the user to be > prudent and not call yank-media when in the middle of a table or > somesuch. We do not do any special handling in other handlers, so why > do it here? Consider the following example: * Heading M-x yank-media ... will slurp the heading | * Heading a | b | c | In contrast, the existing handlers will only insert some text at point, never touching the text around.