Hi, So I ran into an annoying bug where if you have an orgmode remember template like: ("Test" ?e "* foo \n %^{Bar}p" "~/org/test.org" "Test") Currently, if either test.org is not open, or test.org is open but the buffer is named something else (say, test.org<2>), orgmode will die when asking for the property (in this case, Bar). The issue was that in the org-remember-apply-template function, it would attempt to get the buffer like so: (get-buffer (file-name-nondirectory file)) in other words, it would try to get the buffer with the name of "test.org"... no matter what that buffer was, if exists, or if it was even called that. I've attached a patch that fixes the problem. Thanks, - Christopher Allan Webber