On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 08:34:05 +0200, Carsten Dominik wrote: > > Hi Eric, > > On Jun 3, 2010, at 9:23 PM, Eric S Fraga wrote: > > > Hello, > > > > I don't think this is something that can be fixed but it has been > > driving me crazy so I thought I'd email to point it out in case > > anybody else runs into it. If you have org-pretty-entities set to t, > > org-mode does a lovely job of showing all kinds of characters. > > However, the regexp for the font-locking for this makes sense for when > > adding text to the end of a buffer or with point immediately before > > any :alnum: character (e.g. not a space). It makes less sense if you > > start inserting some text in the middle of a sentence, say, which I do > > often when writing papers... [...] > I think that it should behave much better now, please give it a try. > Also the problem in comment lines should be gone, hopefully. Both aspects working just fine this morning! Many thanks. > > If, instead, point were at the first "t" in "some text", there's no > > problem inserting "\left". > > Good opportunity to plug cdlatex.el. If you have it installed and > then turn on org-cdlatex-mode, one of the many things that will work > then is: yes, time to look at org-cdlatex-mode again. I did look at it a while ago but it kind of dropped out of my conscious mind because I didn't really need it at that time (partly because this was before org beamer support...). Thanks for the reminder.