Eric S Fraga writes: > Carsten Dominik writes: > >> On Jun 13, 2011, at 6:15 PM, Philipp Haselwarter wrote: >> >>> thanks, got it working now (with some fiddling). >>> >>> looks like `calendar-date-style' is not honored /at all/, if you don't >>> use YYYY-MM-DD format (as stated in the org-bbdb.el header, admittedly), >>> it just blows up in your face :) >> >> While I think the org-bbdb code could be made more forgiving, >> I strongly feel that calendar-date-style is an evil variable, >> especially if it is applied to input. One should never rely on it. >> >> my 5c. >> >> - Carsten > > Although I am likely to agree with you on this, any interactions with > Emacs's diary requires working with it. > > This reminds me of a problem with the insert anniversary function in the > default agenda view ("i a"). This function ignores the > calendar-date-style and inserts dates in the american style, which of > course means that diary entries are quietly ignored if you have > calendar-date-style set to anything other than 'american... > > Not a big deal... I don't use anniversaries *that* often! I've made a simple change (attached) to org-agenda.el which at least considers the 'iso date style as well as european. Might not be fancy lisp code but I think it works?