At Tue, 26 Jul 2011 14:57:31 -0500, John Hendy wrote: > > On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 2:03 PM, Eric Schulte wrote: > > […] > > I wouldn't mind seeing this, either. I've looked for a while at trying > to input my wife's recipes into something for her that would be > printable/exportable into perhaps a small binder or card box or > something. I've played around with gourmet with varying success but > not been entirely happy. It's been buggy for me when it comes to > printing.[1] At the very least, someone can try it out for it's > converting/unit suggestions, as they are fantastic. > > Most here may work directly from org, but if recipes *are* > implemented, an exporter or two for half-page or index card sizes > would be *phenomenal.* Hi, I can’t help with printing (which would be nice). But I have put my code on gitorious: https://gitorious.org/org-cook/org-cook It currently does metric/english conversion, and a few other tricks. Basically I just use calc’s units code. I think scaling recipes, or turning percentages into weights would be pretty easy. There is also, for those interested: https://gitorious.org/org-brew/org-brew for brewing beer. This is again, mostly just calc functions, including hydrometer correction, abv calculation, priming sugar for a given CO_2 volume, etc. More integration with org-mode should be possible: for instance it would be nice to be able to use a lookup table (of ingredients) to calculate target original gravity, IBUs, etc. Any thoughts or pull requests on either are appreciated! (Please do continue to CC me, as I read the list via gmane and may miss messages.) best, Erik