Hi, Following this discussion: Nicolas Goaziou writes: > Rasmus writes: >> OK. So with the above the in mind the game plan [for documentation] >> seems to be: >> >> - Remove DESCRIPTION/KEYWORD from it's current position in org.texi >> to backend descriptions and retain them in relevant backends. > > Correct. > >> This imply some repetition, but also allows greater details, >> e.g. with latex we can point to the hyperref template. > > Indeed. An example of a structure change is attached. It introduces a table similar to @ref{Export settings} in the beginning of most backend chapters. I have not (re)read it yet, but I want to make sure that we roughly agree on the structure before I put more time into it. It does not touch texinfo (yet) 'cause it's complicated. WDYT? Also I would kill all backend specific keywords from the table in "@node In-buffer settings": @itemx #+LATEX_HEADER:, #+LATEX_HEADER_EXTRA:, @itemx #+HTML_HEAD:, #+HTML_HEAD_EXTRA:, #+HTML_LINK_UP:, #+HTML_LINK_HOME:, @itemx #+ODT_STYLES_FILE:, It does not contain all HTML KW or any Beamer KW. IOW it's a mess and the true picture here would be ugly. WDYT? —Rasmus -- However beautiful the theory, you should occasionally look at the evidence