* Accessing a DLNA server through an Org link
@ 2020-12-10 22:17 Juan Manuel Macías
From: Juan Manuel Macías @ 2020-12-10 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode

I'm storing in an Org document a list of links to all my media files
(videos, music, and the like). This is a little trick that I came up
with to access the multimedia content of my raspberry's dlna server
(minidlna), using an Org link and the Javier López
'simple-dlna-browser' script
(https://github.com/javier-lopez/learn/blob/master/sh/tools/simple-dlna-browser).
You need to install socat:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (org-link-set-parameters
   "dlna"
   :follow (lambda (file)
	     (let ((command (concat "~/Scripts/./simple-dlna-browser.sh "
				    "\""
				    file
				    "\""
				    " | xargs vlc")))
	       (start-process-shell-command command nil command)))
   :face '(:foreground "green4" :weight bold :underline t))
#+end_src

Tested on Arch Linux. As an external player I use vlc; `file' can simply be the name of
the file. For example, if we have gattaca.mp4 on our server, the link could be:

#+begin_src org
  [[dlna:gattaca]]
#+end_src

Well, it works reasonably well. But I wonder if anyone knows of any
package or library to be able to do this (accessing a dlna server) in
a more emacs/org-centric way ...

Regards,

Juan Manuel

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-12-10 22:19 UTC | newest]