Robert Klein writes: > When trying to run a table with missing values with ob-gnuplot.el > there's a “:missing value” option. ob-gnuplot is supposed to put the > “value” into the place of empty cell values before calling on gnuplot. > It doesn't do this currently. Confirmed The problem is partially because of the way `org-table--to-generic-cell' works. It disallows custom processing of empty table cells unless both :raw and :backend arguments are supplied to `orgtbl-to-generic'. The attached patch should fix the issue, though it may be more reasonable to fix orgtbl-to-generic logic. Nicolas, Is there a rationale behind bypassing :fmt and :hfmt for empty table cells in `org-table--to-generic-cell'? In this patch, I have to work around this using :raw parameter in `orgtbl-to-generic' call. I do not feel like such workaround should be needed. Best, Ihor