Alessandro Bertulli writes: >> You were clearly confused by the manual text, so you may certainly be >> improved. > >> If you have a suggestion how to improve the present text in the manual, >> feel free to share it. > > I don't know if it's worth changing it, but I may suggest to change > "modifies the symbol before point with an accent or a font." > with > "modifies the symbol before THE SINGLE-QUOTE with an accent or a font." ? Hmm. Note that SINGLE-QUOTE is not actually typed, so your version is also kind of confusing. I propose an alternative as the attached. Best, Ihor