* Possible error in manual
@ 2023-01-07 14:59 J G
From: J G @ 2023-01-07 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> 2.2.3 Catching invisible edits
>
> Sometimes you may inadvertently edit an invisible part of the buffer and
> be confused on what has been edited and how to undo the mistake. Setting
> org-fold-catch-invisible-edits to non-nil helps preventing this. See the
> docstring of this option on how Org should catch invisible edits and
> process them

 org-fold-catch-invisible-edits does not exist in Org mode version 9.5.2,
it should be org-catch-invisible-edits.

thanks
Jim Graf

* Re: Possible error in manual
@ 2023-01-14 15:54 ` Ruijie Yu via General discussions about Org-mode.
From: Ruijie Yu via General discussions about Org-mode. @ 2023-01-14 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J G; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

J G <exportfs@gmail.com> writes:

>  2.2.3 Catching invisible edits
>
>  Sometimes you may inadvertently edit an invisible part of the buffer and be confused on what has been edited and how to undo the mistake.
>  Setting org-fold-catch-invisible-edits to non-nil helps preventing this. See the docstring of this option on how Org should catch
>  invisible edits and process them
>
>  org-fold-catch-invisible-edits does not exist in Org mode version 9.5.2, it should be org-catch-invisible-edits.
>
> thanks
> Jim Graf

Where did you read the manual?  I am looking at the info page `(org)
Catching invisible edits' that comes with Org 9.5.2, and see the correct
variable name.  (Emacs 28.1 built from source, with built-in org.)

My guess is that you are looking at something (probably online) which
assumes that you are on Org 9.6.

Best,

RY

* Re: Possible error in manual
@ 2023-02-09  2:16 ` TRS-80
From: TRS-80 @ 2023-02-09  2:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

J G <exportfs@gmail.com> writes:

>> 2.2.3 Catching invisible edits
>>
>> Sometimes you may inadvertently edit an invisible part of the buffer and
>> be confused on what has been edited and how to undo the mistake. Setting
>> org-fold-catch-invisible-edits to non-nil helps preventing this. See the
>> docstring of this option on how Org should catch invisible edits and
>> process them
>>

>  org-fold-catch-invisible-edits does not exist in Org mode version 9.5.2,
> it should be org-catch-invisible-edits.
>

> thanks
> Jim Graf

Hi Jim,

Do you think you might be able to submit a patch?  :)

--
Cheers,
TRS-80

* Re: Possible error in manual
@ 2023-02-09  8:29   ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-02-09  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: TRS-80; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

TRS-80 <lists.trs-80@isnotmyreal.name> writes:

>>  org-fold-catch-invisible-edits does not exist in Org mode version 9.5.2,
>> it should be org-catch-invisible-edits.
>
> Do you think you might be able to submit a patch?  :)

As pointed in another message, this is not a bug. Just version mismatch
between online manual and installed Org version.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,