Ihor Radchenko writes: >> + (t (error (format "Unrecognized prompt handling behavior %s" >> + (symbol-name prompt-handling)))))) > > I think that `symbol-name' is unnecessary here. > It will lead to cryptic error if PROMPT-HANDLING happens to be something > that is not symbol (for example, a number) > >> +*** ~org-babel-comint-async-register~: Added argument to specify prompt handling > > Maybe "New optional argument controlling prompt handling" > >> +The new argument ~prompt-handling~ allows Babel languages to specify >> +how prompts should be handled when passing output to >> +~org-babel-comint-async-chunk-callback~. If equal to >> +~filter-prompts~, prompts are removed beforehand, similar to the > > similar -> same (or did I miss something?) Thanks for the suggestions, all of which I agree with. I've updated the patches accordingly, and also rebased them to most recent versions of bugfix/main.