At Mon, 21 Apr 2008 07:55:13 +0100, Pete Phillips wrote: > This post is slighly off-topic, as it is not directly about org-mode. > > As many of you on the list will know, I'm a big fan of David Allen's GTD > system, and over the years I have tweaked my use of MH and MH-E to help > support this use. > > One thing I have done is design a method so that I can easily put emails > into a set of 'pending' mail folders, and then get cron to process these > and dump the emails back into my +inbox at appropriate dates. > > […] This is a neat trick. I’m giving it a try to help me keep my inbox as empty as possible. However, I use IMAP & Wanderlust. Attached is a quick Ruby script that should provide similar functionality for any IMAP system, and some cron entries to call it, for anybody who wants it. This works for me, but I have commented out the lines in the script which actually delete mail from one mailbox; I don’t want to be responsible for losing mail. The mailboxes used by the cron entries are (a little different from yours): pending/tomorrow pending/tonight pending/nextweek pending/d01 .. pending/day31 pending/january .. pending/december pending/monday .. pending/sunday today Hope this helps somebody. best, Erik Hetzner