org-depend TRIGGER chain-siblings(NEXT) property is hardly usable for me, because it requires too much effort to keep items nicely sorted. For example if next headline is already in DONE state, chain-siblings would still change it. I prefer to sort my items by setting their priorities and/or effort estimate, leaving DONE items in place for some time. Attached patch implements new TRIGGER chain-find-next(NEXT[,options]) trigger, which allows to flexibly select which of the siblings will be changed to NEXT. Example: chain-find-next(NEXT,from-current,priority-up,todo-only)